Thai Stir-Fry with Pork and Green Beans from Hello Fresh
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 12 oz green beans
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger, unpeeled
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 scallions
- 2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 oz mint
- 20 oz ground Pork
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp honey
- Bring 1 cup water and a pinch of salt to a boil in a small pot. Once boiling, add rice, cover, and reduce to a simmer. Cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered.
- Wash and dry all produce. Trim and halve green beans. Peel and mince ginger. Mince or grate garlic. Trim scallions and cut into 1-inch pieces. Core, seed and thinly slice bell pepper. Pick leaves from mint and coarsely chop.
- Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over high heat. Add green beans, bell pepper and scallions. Toss until softened and starting to brown, 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add a large drizzle of oil to same pan. Add garlic and ginger and toss until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add pork. Break up meat into pieces with spatula or wooden spoon and cook until browned and crisp at edges, 5-6 minutes. Toss in veggies, soy sauce and honey. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in half of the mint. Fluff rice with a fork. Divide rice between plates and top with stir-fry. Garnish with remaining mint, if desired.