Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup (牛肉麵 – Niu Rou Mian)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups reserved broth from Taiwanese Five Spice Braised Beef Shank
- 4 heads baby bok choy, blanched slices
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Soy sauce, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Five Spice Braised Beef Shank, click here for the recipe
- 1 pound noodle of your choice, cooked
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
1. Use reserved broth from Taiwanese Five Spice Braised Beef Shank and chicken, bring to a boil. Add white pepper, soy sauce and salt. Taste broth for seasoning.
2. Place noodle in bowl and top with sliced beef shank, bok choy and broth. Garnish with scallions, cilantro and drizzle with sesame oil.