Pandan Chiffon Cake
- 8egg yolks
- 2ounces fine sugar
- 2ounces pandan extract
- 3ounces corn oil
- 5ounces self raising flour
- Beat egg yolk and sugar lightly with a hand whisk till sugar dissolve.
- Stir in pandan extract and corn oil.
- Fold self raising flour into egg mixture.
- Set aside.
- 8egg whites
- 5ounces fine sugar
- pinchof salt
- Beat egg whites till frothy. Slowly add in sugar and pinch of salt while beating at high speed.
- Beat until the egg white is stiff and shining but not dry. (About 3 minutes)
- FINAL STEP: Preheat oven at 175 degrees Celsius. Use a spatula and gently fold egg yolk mixture into the egg white mixture (meringue). Pour into an ungreased 25cm tube pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Once cake is cooked, remove cake from oven immediately and invert pan onto wire rack. Let it cool before removing cake from pan. Serve with a side of cool whip or vanilla ice cream! Enjoy.