Pan Seared Salmon With Crispy Salmon Skin Chips
- 4 (6 ounce) wild salmon fillets (~1-inch-thick), skin on
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic seasoning
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oil to the pan. Salt and season both sides of salmon. Place the salmon, skin-side up in the pan. Turn salmon over and remove the skin with a knife. Set the skin aside. Cook salmon for 5 minutes, or until browned. Add a dash of cognac to sweeten the salmon and rid of slight fish odor.
- Transfer salmon to individual plates and add your sides.
- CRISPY SALMON SKINS: Place the inside of salmon skin onto the skillet with oil and fry over medium-low heat. Let the oil crisp up the skin which may take up to 10-15 minutes. Remove salmon skins from heat and let sit. Your salmon skin will get crispy! Serve with your salmon or on its own with lemon juice.