Nectarine & Peach Schnapps Pie
- 6 nectarines – peeled, pitted, and sliced into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 ounces peach schnapps, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 22 prepared pie crusts (I like the Trader Joe’s brand!)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the nectarines, honey, and peach schnapps into a saucepan over medium heat, and cook until the peaches are softened and the mixture thickens, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Stir in sugar and cinnamon until combined. Stir in the flour, and bring the mixture back to a simmer. Simmer until the flour has thickened the filling, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stretch bottom pie crust into a 9 1/2-inch pie pan. Spread the nectarine filling evenly into the bottom crust and place second pie crust over filling. Seal the edges of both crusts by pressing the excess top crust under bottom crust edge. With a sharp paring knife, make four 1-inch to 2-inch slits in the top pastry. The slits should form a cross shape but without meeting in the center.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, then remove and cover the crust edges with foil strips. Return to oven and bake until top crust is golden brown, about 30 more minutes. Cool for at least 1-2 hours before serving.