Korean Soft Tofu Stew with Cod Roe, Clams & Kimchi (순두부찌개 – Soondubu Jjigae)
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1-2 tablespoons dashi (Japanese soup base)
- 1 tablespoon dried red chili flakes
- 1 cup kimchi (with juice), sliced
- 2 tablespoons gochujang
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup clams
- 4 cod roe, sliced
- 24 ounces extra soft silken tofu
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- Green onions, chopped
- Toasted seaweed
- Pour 5 cups of chicken broth into a pot. Add dashi, dried red chili flakes, kimchi juice, gochujang, soy sauce, and garlic. Boil it over high heat until simmered.
- Add 1/2 cup of clams and 4 sliced cod roe. Bring to boil on high heat.
- Scoop soft tofu into the pot and break the tofu up with a spoon several times in the pot. Boil until
- Garnish with green onions and seaweed, crack eggs, and drizzle sesame oil. Serve immediately!