Japanese Tuna Grilled Rice Balls (“ツナ”焼きおにぎり – Tuna Yaki Onigiri)
- 1 can tuna
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Japanese rice
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- Filling: Mix tuna and mayonnaise.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of rice onto plastic wrap and flatten rice. In the middle, place filling on top of the rice. Pull plastic wrap together to shape into a ball.
- Under lower to medium low heat, grill each onigiri in a pan with butter until all sides form a crispy crust.
- Brush all sides with soy sauce and re-fry all sides (30 secs per side) until crispy. Be careful as it burns quickly!