Japanese Cream Stew (クリームシチュ)
- 1 box of House Kokumaro stew cream sauce mix
- 2/3 pound chicken or pork
- 2 medium onions
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 medium kabocha
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 3 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup cheese
- Cut chicken or pork, onions, potatoes, carrot, and kabocha into bite sizes. Add onions, chicken or pork, potatoes, carrot, kabocha, and sweet corn to pan. Saute in pan until lightly browned.
- Add 3 1/3 cups of water and bring to boil. Cook over low to medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from heat. Break stew cream sauce mix into pieces and add to pan. Cook over low heat for about 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Add 1 1/4 cups of milk and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- The stew is ready to serve. I love to serve mine over rice and sprinkle with cheese. Enjoy!