Hong Kong Style Spam & Egg Macaroni Soup (午餐肉通粉)
- 1-2 cups macaroni
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1 can of 13 oz. corn kernels
- 1 can of 12 oz. spam, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Dash of sesame oil
- In a pot, cook the macaroni according to manufacturer’s instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Pan-fry cubes of spam until crispy and one egg over medium.
- In another pot, boil chicken stock. Add macaroni, corn, green peas, corn kernels, and spam. Cook until it boils again. Add soy sauce, sea salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle with sesame oil. Serve hot with a fried egg on top.