Eat Drink SF Festival: Tastings from Bay Area's World Class Chefs
Eat Drink SF (formerly known as SF Chefs) was founded by the Golden Gate Restaurant Association (GGRA) in 2009 to celebrate the Bay Area’s world-class restaurant community. Eat Drink SF is now celebrating its eighth year, which is also the GGRA’s 80th Anniversary. Each year, more than 160 restaurants participate in Eat Drink SF’s events which include Taco Knockdown and its signature Grand Tasting sessions. With more than 8,500 attendees, Eat Drink SF provides an opportunity for top local chefs and bartenders to connect directly with enthusiastic food lovers. Guests also have the opportunity to sample beverages from more than 70 bars, distilleries, breweries, and wineries. EDSF 2016 kicks off with Taco Knockdown presented by Milagro Tequila on August 25 and the four Grand Tastings take place August 26 – 28 at Festival Pavilion in Fort Mason Center (San Francisco).
Grand Tasting Schedule:
August 26 Evening Grand Tasting from 7:45pm – 10:30 pm
August 27 Afternoon Grand Tasting from 12:45pm – 3:30pm
August 27 Evening Grand Tasting 7:45pm – 10:30pm
August 28 Afternoon Grand Tasting 12:45pm – 3:30pm
What's New This Year:
- This year, Eat Drink SF has added a special Grand Tasting on Sunday, August 28, to celebrate the Golden Gate Restaurant Association’s 80th anniversary and honor the legacy restaurants in the Bay Area. The Sunday Afternoon Grand Tasting will feature Bay Area bars and restaurants that have been open for at least 20 years and that have helped shape the distinct flavor of the local culinary experience including Alfred’s Steakhouse, Scoma's, Sutro's at the Cliff House, and Tosca.
- Eat Drink SF is excited to announce that they are bringing San Francisco's Buena Vista Café and its famous Irish Coffee to all four Grand Tastings. Buena Vista Cafe will be serving their Irish Coffees featuring Tullamore D.E.W. to bring guests a quintessential flavor of San Francisco.
- The San Francisco Brewers Guild will be pouring local, craft beers at all Grand Tastings in the “Backyard Bites” section.
- Eat Drink SF has added the “Bay Bar” to all Grand Tastings, which will feature a rotating lineup of San Francisco’s beloved cocktail bars, such as Hard Water, Prizefighter, The Treasury, Whitechapel, and more.
- Taco Knockdown presented by Milagro Tequila has added the Milagro Margarita Mix Off, with local bartenders competing with their creative takes on the margarita.
Tickets: General Admission $109 - $119, VIP $199 - $209
Highlight: My favorite was the fresh halibut ceviche from Los Cilantros! ❤
Pro Tip: Go to the Saturday tasting. Seems like there was more on the menu.
Festival: Eat Drink SF
Address: Festival Pavilion Fort Mason at 38 Fort Mason, San Francisco, CA 94123