Deep-Fried Oyster Po’ Boy Sandwich
- 12 large raw oysters, shucked
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Oil for deep frying
- 4-6 Dave’s Killer Bread Million Dollar Buns
- Romaine lettuce, for serving
- Tomato slices, for serving
- Sir Kensington’s special sauce, for serving
- Lemon, for serving
1. Rinse, drain and dry oysters then place in a bowl to set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine beaten egg, sea salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Then whisk in
3. In a shallow bowl, mix panko and flour.
4. In batches, coat oysters in egg mixture.
5. Then coat oysters to the panko and flour mixture. Toss until mixed.
6. In a large pan, heat frying oil to 375°F. Fry oysters in batches and cook until golden brown.
7. Spread butter on both sides of each million dollar bun and grill.
8. To assemble, layer grilled million dollar bun with lettuce, tomato and 2-4 fried oysters. Slather a generous amount of Sir Kensington’s special sauce on top of the fried oyster. Garnish with lemon slices.