Crispy Deep-Fried Oysters
- 12 large raw oysters, shucked
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Oil for deep frying
- Sir Kensington’s special sauce, for serving
- Lemon, for serving
1. Rinse, drain and dry oysters then place in a bowl to set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine beaten egg, sea salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Then whisk in milk.
3. In a shallow bowl, mix panko and flour.
4. In batches, coat oysters in egg mixture.
5. Then coat oysters to the panko and flour mixture. Toss until mixed.
6. In a large pan, heat frying oil to 375°F. Fry oysters in batches and cook until golden brown. Serve with a generous amount of Sir Kensington’s special sauce. Garnish with lemon slices.