Columbus Craft Meats: Crispy Salame Pasta
Just got Columbus salame and have gobbled so much of it up already! Freshly-sliced salame can be served on its own as a starter with cheese, pickles, olives and bread. Personally, I like mine crispy so I will let it crisp up on the pan. And let me tell you, the smell is beyond amazing.
Seriously, who doesn't loves crispy salame? Crispy salame is like bacon — it makes everything taste yummier! It’s easy and delicious served on its own or tossed in pasta. Besides, crispy salame knocks it out of this world. Drooling already as we speak.
One of my favorites ways to include salame is in pasta. The saltiness and flavor from the salame always hit the spot. This dish doesn’t take very long to prepare, making this a great option for weeknight dinners. Even cut up the salame in rilakkuma bear shapes!
Crispy Salame Pasta
- 12 ounces pasta
- 1 tablespoon unsalted Kerrygoldbutter
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces of Columbus hot sopressata salame
- Handful of mushrooms
- Handful of tomatoes
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
1. In a large pot of boiling water, add salt. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta and return to the pot.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until slightly brown. Add salame and cook until crisp.
3. Add mushrooms. Add tomatoes. Stir in salt and pepper.
4. Add pasta to the pan. Toss to combine and serve hot. Enjoy!
Full Disclosure: Thank you to Columbus Foods for kindly sponsoring this post. All opinions are 100% honest & completely my own.