Chinese Stir-Fry Beef and String Beans
- 1pound beef tenderloin, flank steak or flap meat, cut into pieces
- 1tablespoon corn starch
- 1/8teaspoon baking soda
- 3dashes black or white pepper
- 1/2teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1teaspoon rice or shaoxing wine
- 1teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2teaspoon avocado oil
- 1tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- 1teaspoon sesame oil
- 1teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4cup chicken stock
- 1pound string beans
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1scallion, minced
- Marinade the beef: In a bowl, add and mix together the marinade (corn starch, baking soda, black/white pepper, sugar, sea salt, rice wine, soy sauce, sesame oil and avocado oil) with sliced beef for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix sauce: In a bowl, add and mix together soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil, corn starch, and water.
- While the beef marinades, steam the string beans until slightly cooked. Do not cook the string beans all the way.
- Heat the wok or large skillet on high heat and add oil. Add and stir-fry the garlic and ginger. Add the beef and stir-fry until beef is cooked. Add the string beans and sauce. Stir everything together until the sauce thickens. Serve immediately in a bowl over rice!