Chinese Steamed Egg Custard (蒸水蛋 – Zheng Shui Dan)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup chicken stock (or water)
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil (for topping)
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce (for topping)
- 1/2 teaspoon green onions, finely chopped (for garnish)
- In a bowl, whisk eggs. After eggs are smooth, mix chicken stock and soy sauce until mixture is a light yellow. If you prefer a different bowl for serving, you can transfer liquid into another bowl for steaming.
- Prepare your steaming equipment. When the water boils at medium-high heat, place your bowl of mixture into the steamer. Cover bowl of mixture with a lid or a plate. Steam for about 10-15 mins at high heat.
- When the eggs are ready, remove the bowl from steamer. Drizzle sesame oil and soy sauce on top and garnish with green onions. Serve immediately with steamed rice!