Chinese Shrimp & Fish Paste (蝦膠)
- 1 1/2 lb. white fish fillet (pollack, cod, carp, etc.)
- 1 lb. raw shrimp; deveined & peeled
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. white sugar
- 2 tsp. cold water
1. Defrost fish fillet and shrimp. Rinse, drain and dry then place in a food processor.
2. Add corn starch, sea salt, white pepper, sugar and water. Then process fish and shrimp until smooth.
3. Transfer to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes or refrigerate overnight before using. This will make the fish more smooth and bouncy.
Your paste is now ready for stuffed bell peppers, stuffed mushrooms, stuffed bitter melon, stuffed tofu, etc. Mix in appropriate seasoning before stuffing.