Chinese Shrimp & Chives Omelette (韭菜煎蛋)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Chinese chives (garlic chives)
- 1/4 cup medium shrimp, peeled and chopped
- Sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cut the chives into small pieces (I use kitchen shears to cut!). Set aside the chives.
- Beat the eggs. Mix in shrimp, chives, and season with salt & pepper.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat up the butter over medium-high heat. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Once the edges curl up and brown, flip the omelette over. Cook the other side until browned. Serve immediately with rice and soy sauce!