Chinese Crispy Roasted Pork Belly (燒肉 – Siu Yuk)
- 2 pounds bone-in pork belly
- 1/3 package of SEASONS spicy bake mix
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- Wash bone-in pork belly and dry with paper towels.
- Rub the meat evenly with 1/3 package of “SEASONS” spicy bake mix, sea salt, and garlic pepper seasoning.
- Place the meat skin side up uncovered in the fridge for 4 days so moisture in the skin will dry out. To ensure the meat stays dry, pat the meat dry with a paper towel.
- 3 days later: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the marinated pork belly on a wire rack in the oven initially for 40 minutes. Bake until pork belly skin is crispy, reduce the heat of oven to 350 degrees and bake for another 40 minutes.
- Remove pork belly from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut into slices and serve immediately with a bowl of rice. Take a bite and you will hear the crunch from the crispy pork belly!