Chinese Braised Shrimp E-Fu Noodles (伊麵 – Yee Mein)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 bunches yellow chives, cut to 1-2 inch lengths
- 1 teaspoon rice or Shaoxing wine
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 dash ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 10 shrimp, deveined
- 1 packet 4 oz. dry E-Fu noodle or Yee Mein, blanched (softened but slightly undercooked)
- Heat the wok or large pan over high heat and add avocado oil. Add ginger and garlic and stir-fry (~10 seconds). Add yellow chives and drizzle rice wine on the side of wok. Stir-fry until fragrant.
- SAUCE: Mix together oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, sea salt, sesame oil, white pepper and chicken stock.
- Add sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer. Then, add shrimp and sauté until cooked. Add blanched e-fu noodles and braise noodles for about 5 minutes until the sauce becomes thick. You will need to keep stirring and flipping to avoid noodles sticking to the pan. Serve immediately on a plate! Enjoy!